Monday, February 23, 2004

First Day of Practicum

Closed to being bored to tears... argh... wasn't feeling too well this morning becoz of some korean instant noodles i ate last nite... The seasoning was kao kao and by the end of the bowl, I was feeling so sick. Went to puke big time and spine was aching from all that seasoning. Wished I could just pass out and not feel anything. We were so worried for our baby, coz all this puking isn't very comfortable for him/her I guess.

Woke up still burping all the acid out. Eeks. Really uncomfortable. Then went to Ben's workplace. Took a nap and OVERSLEPT. By the time i took lunch and went to sch, I was the last trainee there, and ended up sharing a table with the fella. Sigh. Now 8 weeks I gotta see him everyday. Sigh. He was quite puzzled as to why Jamie won't share a table with me. Hah. Well, she and I are on talking terms now, but only in group settings. Dun really tok much when it's one-to-one. Well, still, there's an improvement.

Saw my ex-CTs today. Delightful and warm welcome. Felt good seeing them, they were really happy for the new addition! :D They actually attended the church wedding... and esp for one of them who counselled me during the tough period prior to the wedding. She's really very very happy for me. And I was so glad to see her. :)

The kids were really surprised to see the trainee teachers back. Hahah... it was quite interesting actually. First, I'm no longer known as Ms Chua. Was introduced by the VP as Mdm Chua (upon my request) and back in class, I became Mrs Teo coz my CT, Ms Lim, deemed that Mdm Chua was too old for me. Hahha. :) My CTs are NICE!!!!!!! :D PRAISE THE LORD! Wow. I was so scared initially. But it's good. Thank God.

Well, after going to 5D, some kids who were formerly from Jamie's class was disappointed not to see her there... hehehe... and my face is the unfriendly sort lah... so they were like, "Shucks." Heh. Lesson was sedating. I almost fell asleep. Tried my best to pay attention. Found out that there are actually three types of direct speech. Wow. I never knew that.

Supposed to go for 1 hr of Math and Science respectively, but my other CT had quite a bit of housekeeping to do with the class so I was excused. So my day starts tomorrow.

And Ms Lim wants me to observe her for this week, then CA, then she observes me for next week before my sup comes over. And she even offered to loan the laptop for me!!!! Woohoo! :D I feel so loved! The other trainees were really shocked and they wondered why she was doing that. Hah. Coz the comp in the class cannot work lah. So gotta use the laptop lor.

Anyway, it's a struggle between appearing to maintain control of the class vs getting the pupils involved in class. Not that they go out of control when they are responsive. Just that u use that level and compare the 'level of control when pupils are sedated', it's not a very fair comparison lah. Dunno lah.

Going to snake abit. Hehe. ;)

No comments: