Friday, January 23, 2004

Xin Nian Ru Yi! :D

Being married is expensive. Hoping to recup next year with the baby!! Hahah! Not really, juyst that perspectives change - last time was - oh, that's it? Not visiting anyone else? - now, it's - wah, still got people to visit uh? Heh, so stingy. :P Must remember it's more blessed to give then to receive. But right now, we're starting small first, perhaps, if we can raise the amount over the next few years, we most likely would.

Spoke to a friend who recently got her license and got herself a car. Paying $650/mth for the next TEN years! Gosh! That's $78,000! If we could put aside that amount for the next 10 years, we'd have that in our account, plus interest! And, if we could afford more, i.e. put aside $1k/mth for the same period, it'll be $120K!!!!!! But must have tons of discipline - if she dussen meet a payment, the creditors would be visiting her. Hmmm... inspired! :D

Went seletar camp today to visit a relative and mummy got totally excited about the 3 sisters moving in together with granny, for about 2 years? anyways, that's about the same span of time they spend in any house, respectfully as well as respectively. Sounds good. Went house viewing and the units weren't terribly fantastic, unlike the relative's place - bloody huge bungalow for $1.7k per month. Great place. Joy ran around till she was totally exhausted! Billard table, 3 or 4 bedrooms with 2 helpers sharing a room, 4 fridges, some beer making stuff (heheh) and spacious backyard.

Ben got attracted by the i-Medic that was there and was contemplating getting one (again). We itched for one before, but it's about $5k :P bloody expensive for such a lovely piece of luxury... but we talked about it and realised that the purchase would set us back from moving out to our own place. So that's gotta wait until we've got a place of our own.

Seeing how my aunt has done it - got a hdb flat, stayed there awhile and rented the place out and rented a condo for $1k with facilities included - ooh. It's a great idea! Now we've just gotta go hdb, get ourselves a place - hopefully dun have any upfront cash payment and hold the place for awhile b4 we rent it out and collect rental to maintain another rented place, hopefully profits included... hahah. Okie, no profits also can do. ;)

The foetus is coming 11 weeks and would be seeing my gynae with ben on the twelve week - want him to hear the heartbeat too! Such a pity that he missed it the last time. From now onwards, gynae visits only on sat!! Yesh!

Oh, I am so behind with my work I can die. Total procrastinator. Tomorrow we'll prolly have breakfast at home - we've been summoned by my tummy, or rather, MS, every morning, that we've gotta rush to go eat. Then I KO until I regain enough strength, which is about 4pm. Hah. So, tomorrow, it's gonna be different. I'm going to do my readings and research, for ECE and ECM. I MUST DO IT!!!! Or else I would not be fulfilling my responsibility as a paid student - an oxymoron eh? ;) I must be prepared especially when I have new teammates. Frightening thought. Well, 4 weeks left. Effectively 11 school days left. I must be inspired to go library - 3 days of fully packed schedule isn't good when there's no time for research. So cannot bum on the other 2 days. MUST WORK WORK WORK! YESH! This feels good! :D

I miss my bed.

No comments: