Monday, November 03, 2003

A renewed devotion

Through the rush of so many events and distractions, I have taken my eyes off the cross. There was even one period where I didn't want to look at it. No more passion, just being mechanical instead. Well, since I'm a Christian, I thought, I need to go church, go cell, do the necessary stuff. But God in his faithfulness convicted my heart. A sister in Christ, Ashley, prayed for me and spoke words of encouragement. Ps John Elliot from NZ came and spoke about Proverbs 30:18-19.

Proverbs 30:18-19
"There are three things that are too amazing for me,
four that I do not understand:
the way of an eagle in the sky,
the way of a snake on a rock,
the way of a ship on the high seas,
and the way of a man with a maiden."

I have always been intrigued by this passage, and God shone His light on it during service. My life is changed once again. A renewed commitment. A renewed devotion.

Eagle in the sky
- sensitive to the air current -- sensitive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit
- seeing things from above -- seeing things from God's perspective
- soaring in the air -- mounting on wings like eagles (Isa 40)

Snake on a rock
- consistency (apparently wherever u put the snake, its temperature dussen change... hmmm...) amidst life's highs and lows

Ship on high seas
- moving forward - a spectacular sight!
- discovery
- not meant for harbours
- pull up ur anchors

Man with a maiden
- passion
- intimacy
- desire

It has been personally meaningful for me. Will share more when I take my next break. :)

No comments: