Thursday, December 06, 2007

Pretty Pretty!

Just came back from a classic manicure+pedicure appointment ($58 for trial, usu. $68) at Pretty Pretty at Eastpoint Mall. Made an appointment after reading the rave reviews in Simply Her mag, and since I wanted to do up my nails (in the midst of a total makeover without any drastic results... go figure) why not?

Am impressed. Equipment is sterilised for each use, and file, buff and toe separators are disposed of or given to customer after each session. Plus, the other quality products used, and that emphasis on hygiene! Customers to wash their hands with soap before treatment, feet soaked in disinfectant, micro-antibacterial something applied before nail polish... Great for clean freaks like me. And the place is so lovely! Nice waiting area, comfortable chairs, excellent service.

The service processes were very nicely thought through, and every single detail has been taken care of, right up to putting on my rings and watch before painting my nails. If that's the norm, then I've been to the wrong places. I thought it'd be nice if they had a tv, but later when I walked past another nail place which had a tv, I thought it wasn't as classy as Pretty Pretty with a local chinese channel being aired.

I was very surprised when I realised that the guy that'd walked in was the boss. When I saw him, I noticed his shirt - stripes, like the wallpaper and the decor. Hmmm... the in-thing? He's very professional, has excellent service, and even offered to get lunch for me, which obviously I declined.

Overall, I'm just very impressed by the level of service with this place. Seriously considering taking up a package - just that my annual budget for 2008 is supremely tight, and it's not really for a good cause. :P Great session nevertheless. :)

No comments: