Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Aftermath

Haven't been able to load the photos - a million things to do, it seems. Anyway, the baking was quite a success, with edible yummy cookies that has tons of chocolate chips, mini m&ms, rainbow rice, etc. It's really sweet! But the sweeter part was watching the girls enjoy themselves, plus Shalom eating more (chocs and cookies) than he was helping. The scary part, however, was the clean up, which Lina did almost right away. She enjoyed herself baking too. The buttery smell lingered overnight, and thankfully, by this evening, it's mostly gone.

Will post photos when I can find the cable to the digital camera which I'm finally using. Have been using my phone to take photos, and I know I'll kick myself for being lazy and not use the digital camera coz when I look back, I'll see only poor quality shots. :P

Am feeling less down these few days, thanks to the kids, Eve & Elise's company. I'm seriously re-thinking my Stay At Home Mum option in four years' time. If I were to do that, my social life would dwindle to - BEN. And that actually means zilch. We hardly see each other, meet up once in a while, and while we're at that, we talk about work and kids and him. I really hope this trip to Malacca and KL in 2 weeks' time will strengthen the marriage. If we continue the way we are, it will continue to be challenging. I'm glad that we're both looking forward to the trip, but lately I've been feeling very isolated; like I'm in a vacuum. When I talk, there seems to be no sound coming out, because there's no response. I can't even be honest with myself, with anyone, definitely not here. I'm dying inside.

But life still goes on.

No comments: