Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Moments and Misery

Abby's beginning to take to her grandaunt Mich. She'll keep calling 'Ah-Mah!' (for Gu-Ma - easier than Grandauntie Michelle) and ask her to go 'kai-kai'. :) Abby's becoming more independent. In fact, after dinner today, she played with the older kids (3 and 4yr old Mattie and Whitney resp) while the adults were at the dinner table. When I went to peep at her, she was getting in and out of the buggy by herself! And that's no mean feat, considering there's a barier at the feet. She's becoming really independent, simply because there's no 'ah-ma' protecting her and no lina-che-che to make sure she dussen cry and get her into trouble.

Abby saw Whitney go for a swim in the pool today (it was tremendously hot weather!)and screamed her lungs out when she thought I wasn't gonna let her into the pool when in fact I took her upstairs to change into her gear as well as mine. She enjoyed herself very much in the pool and even wanted me to let her go... erhm. I not that garang. :P

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In the evening, the kids and aunt Mich played ball in the front porch. Abby had a whale of a time kicking the ball! :) She was chuckling so loudly (according to my aunt - I didn't hear coz I was preoccupied)! She's learning how to put on and take off her shoes by herself - I'm amazed and impressed by her desire for independence. Really wondering what will happen when we return to Singapore - she insists on feeding herself (at least feel the food) during each meal time. I think there'll be some struggling. But awhile more, and it's freedom @ Paradise! :D

On a sadder note, I've been really upset with the local airlines. We flew here on the generosity of my aunt and uncle - and we actually entered Abby as one of the nominees for the Frequent Flyer Miles award redemption. BUT. Even infants are considered as adult fare deduction and STILL have to pay airport tax (which goes to their pockets anyway) so we decided against it. Now we wanna fly Ben over, BUT! we can't delete Abby's name till SIX MONTHS LATER because of POLICY. (We've maxed out 5 nominees.) ARGH. We've written an appeal letter to see if they're able to do anything abt it. We're really not abusing the system because Abby did not enjoy any benefit at all so it's as good as not being nominated. BUT. They aren't very nice about it. Argh. Very upsetting. God. Please fly Ben over. We miss him so much. Abby keeps nodding when I ask her if she wants Daddy to come. I really pray that he'll be able to come over. Last resort - fly back to Singapore for Christmas with Ben. BUT not keen on abandoning freedom (from agony) so quickly. Sigh. Really dread going back to that house. It's black face day in day out, and 'storms' threatening ever so often. Really sick and tired of her. Better get out before I blow big time. (She's claimed that I yelled at her, which is pure nonsense - coz I didn't stand by her side when she rebuked the maid but sort to clarify the issue instead. Argh. Unreasonable. If I had really yelled at her, we'd be out of the house already.)

K, I won't spoil my holiday by having her in my mind. Life is too precious to have it filled with misery.

Back to the lighter note, here are some self-feeding moments. :)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us







5 comments:

Lisa said...

These pictures are so adorable! Glad that Abby is picking up new words and learning to be more independent. Its a good thing that she's hanging out with you more, so she learns better and faster. As for seeing Ben soon, it WILL happen, will pray for you. In the mean time take care!

P.S: Say 'Hi' to Aunty Mich, Uncle Mike and Mattie for me, and hope she likes her christmas gift =)

Audrey said...

She's really picking up new words and actions at an amazing speed. Say once and she knows... must watch what we say already! :D heh. Thanks 4ur prayers! :D

Anonymous said...

"Stay there lah! Don't come back so soon... Haiz... I would stay there! Kekekekekeke.... Don't forget.. I'm still on yr side... ;)" Auntie Carole.

Audrey said...

Heheheh... :) Still have to face 'reality' some day! :P Thanks for the support. Nah, must be recharged and be 'harmonious' so can make final exit peacefully! *fingers crossed*

M said...

Recharge and bond well with your darling :) .
A's pushes my supporting hands away in the pool- it's abit easier to get round that tussle if the adult holds the baby from the back (instead of standing in front as in the swim classes). H/e, that would mean our bellies getting kicked, so not a gd idea for u or me. :P
I'm switching to inflated vests for her- the type which will lift her neck/ head. If you're more daring, can try those arm-inflates instead. :)