Sunday, December 18, 2005

Back in Australia

Have been wanting to post but haven't had sufficient comp time. It's been full time mothering and I've been loving every single moment of it! :) Right from the flight all the way to this moment, it's been utterly enjoyable. Abby's such a delight.

When we were on board the plane, an angel came and sat down beside us (who'd want to sit with a flying toddler?) and took care of Abby all the way! :) Has got 2 daughters himself (17 and 13 yo) and is on a trip round the world. It's been 6 months since he's seen his girls, and he show me the album they made for him! :)

After touching down, we met up with my aunt's family after a while. The weather and everything - wooh. I really really miss Australia. Strangely, I miss the smell of the Eucalyptus tress, the pine trees (I think they are pine trees), the smell of the groceries in the grocery store, and even the scent of the aussie home. Just wished Ben were here with us.

Abby's been having a whale of a time! :) She's exploring all kinds of foods and just digigng her fingers into all kinds of edibles! :) She's toddling around the house the whole day and harassing my 3.5yo godson, who's been an angel with her. He's been real gentlemanly, even with me. He's sharing all his toys with abby and doesn't get offended when Abby's defensive (boy is she defensive at times!) She's really cheeky with my aunt too! :) Always teasing her... very cute! :)

At nights, before I put her to bed, she'll ask for daddy. Then we'll play the video we recorded just before departure. The first night when we watched it, I cried and cried. Very touching yet with a touch of ridiculosity as my MIL's voice was in the background of the sweet video saying, "Hiyah, why you all do this kinda thing?" in Mandarin. Quite a spoiler lah. But still it never fails to put a smile on Abby. :)

Ben's busy with work and the new place - and he's really putting in alot of effort to make it our dream home. :) Very touched by his commitment and drive to do it well. :) I praise God for my family! :)

P.S. Will post photos up when I get the chance again! :D

No comments: