Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Departure and Arrival

We'll be on the plane in about 10 hours' time. Yesterday, a good friend and I went shopping for 'ammunition' - devices to keep Abby happy on board. If all else fails, then I'll have to use the final resort. ;) Sydney's about 2hrs ahead of Singapore; hopefully Abby will be able to adjust to the time change. Aunt Michelle & Mattie will be there at the airport to pick us up, not sure if Uncle Mike will be there coz it's a working weekday. They went through so much hassle just to fly us over; really appreciate them for it.

Right now, they've points set aside for my bro to fly over; but it seems my bro has other plans. Well.

Spent the last few days with a new friend. It has been awesome. :) She is *SO* different from how she is described! Gosh. Although she's going through a tough time because of a reckless ex; nevertheless, she's soaking up in God's faithfulness and love. We're both definite that God will surely bless her with a totally God-fearing husband that will lead her and the household! :) Mum also loves her to bits and has been really worried about her. Yet God's been good. She's finally been delivered from repeated abuse and I just pray that she won't return to Egypt (not literally). Her heart is just full of love despite what's been done to her. She's amazing. I just pray that God will keep Abby safe from the path of fools as she grows up. At least now her focus is set on the future God has in store for her! :)

Going off with Abby to meet a girlfriend visiting from UK - a friend from poly whom I haven't met in a long time! Like about 8 years? :) Thereafter most likely will meet up with Ben - he's taken the half day off. I haven't left yet, but I miss him terribly already! :'( He's also already missing us and have been spending the last few days just appreciating one another. Let's hope that the weather (@ home) is cleared for take off this evening. :)

Let's see whether I'll have the chance to blog when I'm over there. With Abby entirely in my arms, it can be a challenge. But I don't mind! :D Praise the Lord! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You asked me to pray for new friends, and God has answered my prayers with you as his first and many others to come. I thank God for you and your mum who has continued to help me through this tough time with your love, care and prayers. You helped me help myself up, so that I could stand on my own two feet to lean on my pillar of support - Jesus =D
We were distant in the past and NEVER in a millions years would I have thought that I would turn to you and share in times of need (coz its awkward and we weren't close), but God has his ways, and a new friendship was born! *God of miracles*
I'm really *touched* by your graciousness and acceptance during my tough times and rejection - you so readily help me and not judge. I could see God's love and workings on you. Thank you so much. =')
I pray that you'll enjoy your vacation in sydney and most importantly, be safe and happy! Amen!

P.S: Hope your ammunition worked =)