Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Uh oh...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I received this in my email the other day. I simply read the headline and tried to observe the picture to see if I could tell what exactly was 'wrong' with the picture (like doing a puzzle). THEN, I read the answer.

:(

I thought I couldn't carry Abby for the time being because of what happened, but to last till March without carrying her? That poor girl always wants mummy to carry her (only for a hug and then she'll go elsewhere) but if mummy can't, it'll be so sad! I try to cheat, like sit down when I carry her, but if the hols are coming up, how to take her out kai-kai and NOT carry her?

Also, she's quite a good weight and growing, and if I don't continually carry her, I'll have no strength by the time No.2 is born!

Hmm...

Anyway, I spoke to my tutor today - she shared with me her both her birthing experience. She's got 2 daughters, eldest is already 21yo. But she was confined to SEVEN months bedrest right up to labour, and her first labour took only ONE hour! For the second daughter, it was a heartbreaking life-and-death situation. She had rather severe jaundice right about when No.2 was due, and a low-lying placenta. It's really by the grace of God that the second one was born. The night before the birth, the dr told my tutor that he wouldn't be able to operate on her because of her high jaundice level, something to do with a lack of Vit K which is required for blood clotting. Operation minus blood clotting equals really bad news. And he also told her that if any situation arose, they'll have to let the baby go to save her life because she's got a No. 1 to take care of. And for placenta previa (low-lying placenta), chances are, an operation is necessary because the placenta is obstructing the baby from coming out - if the placenta does come out first (if i'm not wrong), there may be severe bleeding.

And guess what?

Barely next day, she had her baby!! Dr said it's definitely NOT textbook labour because there weren't even labour pains! No contractions nothing, baby just came out! Kinda just slipped out! The doc almost didn't manage to get to the ward on time, and there was no time to transfer her to the labour ward. (She was hospitalised for her jaundice prior to the birth.) God is so good! Praise the Lord! Nothing of what the doc said came true because there was divine intervention! My tutor knew there was Someone Up There looking after her! :) Praise God!

2 comments:

M said...

In my case, am avoiding carrying her when she's perfectly fine- I try to lead her to walk instead. But when she wakes from bad dreams crying, or comes to me with open arms trying to get into my lap... no choice lah. Am alone most of the time, bohbian mah. And if I dun carry her, we'd never be able to go downstairs at all- no lift landing on my floor for pram all the way. :(

Just keep fingers crossed, hehe, ur pregnancy is progressing fast on the ticker! :)

Audrey said...

Yah, the second pregnancy seems much faster! I felt the quickenings at 18wks for my first, and 16wks for my second! :) I'm almost half-way there... :)