Friday, October 14, 2005

Kissed

A big thank you to all who sent their regards. For the rest who had an uneventful Thursday, lucky you!

Woke up on Thursday morning reluctant to go to school (because I slept late the night before and didn't have enough sleep). Yet I had to go coz I've been missing classes due to the bleeding episode. So I jokingly asked Ben if I could take MC for today and sleep in (silly talk in the morning lah...) - preferably free also. :P Guess what? I got what I wanted. But I wouldn't wish for anything like that ever. It's too high a price to pay.

Slept in for another ten minutes and changed up to leave house. I prepared myself for the long drive ahead - coffee (which worked well) and food plus worship. So as I drove, I worshiped and prayed - even asked for journey mercy because I knew the state I was in, quite risky to drive. Even told Ben jokingly earlier that I would sleep in class to make up for lost sleep so that I could survive the day, complete my research in the library and make it home safely. I had the whole day planned out.

So as I drove along the PIE towards Tuas, I made sure I kept a safe distance, maintain the speed limit and watch out for impatient vehicles swerving around. So far so good. Even as it started to drizzle. Then as I was about to exit PIE at the NTU/NIE exit, I slowed down and joined the long queue - I don't usually cut people to get ahead. The car came to a halt as I waited. I noted the car in front of me quite a while back - "Woo... nice car, brand new, white! Nice! But better don't keep so close to it."

So as the cars waited a couple of seconds in the queue, I heard a screech and a loud bang behind me. Before I could even complete wondering what it was, I was thrown forward and collided into the NICE! NEW! WHITE! car in front of me! Gosh. I kept a good distance away, yet I still hit it! Guess how far I was thrown. Sigh. Everything flew all over the place and was in a complete disarray - even I, momentarily.

When I got out of the car, the drivers in front of me and behind me also got out and assessed the damaged. We were in the extreme left lane and I walked to the shoulder lane (where I thought I'd be safe) by moving between my car and the car in front of me. On hindsight, they were TWO BAD MOVES. First, if another bozo were to hit the crash from behind, I'd lose BOTH my legs because the walking allowance between the two cars was minimal. Second, the shoulder lane is possibly as safe as standing on any one of the busy lanes on the road. To avoid the crash, people were driving/riding in the shoulder lane! Fools!

So a huge Isuzu white monster hit us from behind. The car behind me, a blue Toyota Vios, was badly damaged. The driver was mainly the one who got the monster's details who very quickly got away from the scene of the crime. "Okay lor, my truck cannot brake in time. Too slippery. Vehicle too heavy. Bill me lor." Then he drove away with a slight dent in the front bumper. We were then left to pick up the pieces on our own. Well, not really.

When I had barely gotten out of the car, a silver Mazda drove to the front of the collision and parked at the shoulder. The man (A) approached us and said that he's in this business, if we want, all three of us send our vehicles to his workshop and all claim against the monster. He got his elder brother (F) to take down the car license plates and contact details especially of the monster. The owner of the (not) NICE (anymore)! NEW! WHITE! car decided to delay sending the car in while the blue Toyota Vios (also NEW! car) decided to go ahead with their services. I had to get an ok from Ben but was slightly delayed because he was slightly held up at work. Finally he called me and spoke to A. We decided to go ahead.

A and F were very nice. REALLY nice. They are like Ah-Beng Towkays, very nice Ah-Beng Towkays. I'm not saying Ah-Beng Towkays are not nice, but they were REALLY nice. Like F - he found out I was a teacher in training, and tried to make me laugh by saying he'll be my student and a really notti one, so I can punish/hit him but he won't complain or sue me. Meant as a joke to lighten the atmosphere. I was fine. Until slightly later when I realised that my left leg was hurt - groin area. Also, the seat belt pulled against my belly as I was thrown forward. Thankfully(or not), the air-bag wasn't activated.

Anyway, A suggested that F drive my car coz if the car leaks and overheats, the insurance won't cover and that'll be additional repair costs. So if it actually overheats, he'll drive to one side and get a tow truck. So A drove the blue toyota vios guy and I to his workshop @ Thomson area. Did up the paperwork (it was real smooth and professional) and by the time we finished, about 10am, there were two rental cars waiting for us downstairs. I got a green Mazda 323 while the blue vios guy got a nissan sunny. Free rental - charged to the white monster. Check out the diagram A drew of the accident (for the insurance report).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Blue vios & i literally just sat there while A took care of everything. They even offered us drinks, and when the fridge didn't have any, F ran out to buy us drinks! We just had to sign stuff and produce papers for the insurance claim. The workshop guys also helped me to move ALL my barang from my mazda to the rented car. Fwah. Very pampered! A gave me the contact for their affiliated doctor and told me if I needed to call, I'd need to give A a call to let him know and his brother will meet me there.

So after the hoohah, I drove home and took a rest. Gave Dr Yap's clinic a call and they asked me to pop by before 12.30. Ben managed to leave the office by then and drove me there. The clinic staff were all quite worried for me - said that this pregnancy very eventful - and didn't charge me for this consultation! Managed to take a peep at our lil' one... will confirm gender at the detailed scan in nov. :) Our sweetheart is alright, happily sleeping and sucking thumb while we tried probing. :D Instructed to rest - given 2 days' mc.

After that, Ben drove us back to the mechanic's to give them the car papers and ended up happily chatting. Found out ALL the four guys (Ben included) lived at the same place. So they reminisced about the past, catching spider, etc and even found out 3 out of 4 of them were from the same primary school! One guy was even Ben's classmate, but they still can't recognise each other. They only know they've got the same Primary Four form teacher, and that's the only teacher they remember. Wah. Oh, they even wrote the report FOR me, and read it out to me to verify the details. Everything sui sui!!

Somehow, instead of going back to the office, Ben ended up taking me to their GP. A and F reached there earlier although we left earlier and F even waited for us at the lift landing to tried to look out for us. When we reached the clinic, A had alredy registered for me! Because the doctor wasn't in yet, we had a bit of time to grab lunch, which was at level 4, just outside the clinic. How convenient everything was!

After lunch, we saw the doctor. Ben felt that the doctor asked more about the car than my condition. Did a thorough physical checkup and found a possible neck injury and adductor muscle pull - left groin. Have to go back on Saturday for review. Given two days' mc and instructed to rest. *If* my neck doesn't get better, I'll have to do an x-ray... which I'm seriously reluctant to do so because it may affect our lil' one.

After collecting my medication, A and F actually shook hands with us before we left! So nice! Yet so strange... Ben said he's never met mechanics so nice before. Oh. As we were waiting for the doctor, A actually showed us photocopies of 2 cheques as medical compensation as a result of car injury - $2k and $4k respectively. Anyway, just to qualify, their company also takes care of accident claims as part of their business portfolio, as well as a lot of other car-related services.

Everything seems too smooth to be real. Either they were really God's angels sent to take care of us, or could it be an orchestrated event? Any comments? (I've heard rumours of mechanics in Malaysia who 'plant' debris on roads, then when an accident happens, they appear almost immediately then get business. It's only hearsay, no evidence at all. It could be false.) We also noted that the men kept saying that business is competitive, very hard, and one of them also aired his opinion regarding insurance.

I just hope they are really God's angels, and not a conspiracy. It's just too evil if the latter were true. Anyway, I was really pampered after the accident, perhaps because they saw pregnant woman, so they're really nice lor.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Yup I agree... even if it was a set up, they really took care of the 'victims' really well, which is better than being left stranded and not knowing what to do. God is good. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Yanyan here(hint:CAV280), hahaha, juz read your blog. Wow, ur thursday really is drama!!! well, i hope your neck injury is alright. Do keep me updated! =)