Monday, October 10, 2005

One down... 400 more to go...

My English test is FINALLY over. It's a three-parter, and I didn't attend the lecture for the last part. So brave, study on my own then sit for test. I think it should be fine... :P Now for the rest of the impending *DEAD*lines... :S Really quite behind time for ALL my projects, but what's new? I've just realised I've spent close to 2 decades studying. That's quite a long time. And I'm quite tired of all these studying and deadlines. I wonder if I'll last so long in ONE job. Hmm.

My (realistic) review of current modules I'm taking:
CEM102 (Critical Reading & Writing) - Reader Response Journals have had quite a good response from the tutor; no grade given though. Might average a B. For my research paper, I HAVEN'T STARTED YET. Due in two weeks' time. It's a major research paper. The tutor has been scaffolding us, yet I can't keep up with the drafts. :P Die... Have to catch up. Once I submit this, I'm done with this module. No exams. (THANK GOD.)

CAE102 (Intro to Lit) - Submitted one paper, tutor will return to us tomorrow. I hope I can get a decent grade for this. There's supposed to be a second assignment that's due next Tuseday, but it's still not out yet. The first one was late, so that naturally affected the second assignment. BTW, it's gonna be on poetry. Exam 60% - Do or Die.

CAE202 (Semantics/Pragmatics) - Got an A for my Semantics assignment - Praise the Lord! (Half the cohort got A lah... so thank God He put me in that half). Had one whole section which went off the point coz I misread the instruction, but still got A, so the tutor really quite generous. She's the English Head - so if she wanna give half the cohort A, no one really can stop her... the last time she actually gave 70% A... so she thinks she's cut down already. (It's a longstanding controversy between grade assessment and cohort assessment...) Exam 60% - Another Do or Die.

CAE342 (Drama) - Argh! Why did I get myself into this mess? I should have stuck with English Language. If I ever get an overall B at least, it's purely by the grace of God. I just submitted one essay on Kuo Pao Kun's Eunuch Admiral, and I hope the tutor is able to grasp what I'm trying to say. :S Assignment is finally over - and for a split second, I thought the most difficult part of this semester was over... till I saw the rest of the hills ahead... argh... keep walking... or trudging, rather. Exam 60% - Do or Die.

CCL301 (Social Studies) - Hiaks. Hiatus also. Jialat. First article review won't be returned to us... hmm... I'm not sure if she did... :P can't remember. Anyway, Instructional package worth a hefty lot due on 28 Oct - super challenging day - and it's the day of Ben & my birthday fest... hmm... die die must finish before then so can enjoy! Our special days only come once a year!
For the IP, it's pair work and thankfully, my partner and I have a rather good working relationship. We'll just have to brainstorm some more and even prepare our resources for presentation by THIS FRIDAY.

CTL202 (History) - Oops. Oral history assignment due next week - not started. Did a presentation worth 30% on the first week of school - I think I was given a giveaway topic so there were tons to present. It was quite scary because there were very little instructions given. Thanks to my forefathers who adamantly stuck with the family that is so close to the start of the alphabet - :S that's why I had to present first. Anyway, it's over and done with. For the OH assignment, I'll be interviewing my senior pastor's wife regarding some specific incident in the past. Now have to draft out the questions, confirm interview, interview her, transcribe the interview, analyse the interview against facts, type it and then submit it. BY NEXT TUESDAY.

CAV280 (Voice) - Argh. This. Supposed to do weekly journal entry. And I haven't been able to record much. Every week's very much the same (after a while). One presentation coming up. One vocal warm up exercise regime coming up. Our seminar postponed till eternity because of my bedrest. Well we're presenting this week. AND ONE ESSAY. ALL DUE ON THE 28 OCT. MERCY!

I don't see much sleep ahead. Goodbye Sudoku.

K. Back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*gulp* good luck... heheh

biatch