Monday, August 08, 2005

My two darlings

Morning sickness is not funny. Just when I thought I was all ready to hit school and give it my best shot, now I contemplate every monday morning whether to even get out of bed and go to school. I've missed two mondays already. Well, today, there were two 1 hr lectures, with a FOUR hour break, followed by National Day Observance Ceremony. It's a bit too much for me.

Apparently Ben's been nauseous for the past three weeks in the morning even without realising it. He thought it was just stress. Then he told me last night that he'd been like that even before we found out I was pregnant. He was like that as well when I was expecting Abby. The Sympathetic Father syndrome. I don't feel so alone in this. :) Apparently some men have ALL the symptoms of pregnancy except the baby. So. Strange.

There's a ton of work to be done, and I have no idea where to start. I'm not even half as organised as I was. I just wanna go lie down and rest.

Abby's been having runny nose which has developed into an irritating phlegmy cough. Quite bad. We took her to her PD, finished her medicine, MIL took her to another doc, in the midst of the medicine, but nothing's improving. Darn. But she's still bright and cheery, which is good.

She's been a darling. Whenever she wakes up, she'll look for her DaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDi. Even when he's not around, she'll climb up to see our wedding portrait and point to him and go, "DaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDi". We haven't figured out when she's calling me yet. We guess it's Mama, coz sometimes she does go, DaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDi', then "Mama" which sounds like "Mam Mam" or either that she's calling for her granny. Anyway, I acknowledge her lah. She's been really sharp. We went jalan jalan the other day, went past a floral display, and she went, "Wah-wer!" a couple of times. That's flower. And she's done that several times without us pointing out to her. And she does that to different types of flowers. Amazing.

And dogs too. Whatever species, she knows it's Woof. We're constantly amazed by her. :)

Anyway, I need to go lie down. Too much energy used blogging. Heh.

2 comments:

The One and Only... said...

Why not try my Chinese Sinseh...

Anonymous said...

Aww, she's so cute & so clever.. hope she'll feel better soon.

biatch