Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bits & Pieces

Deadline due on Friday, and not a word yet. It's a lit review paper, and I really hope I'll be able to make sense of the article. It's for Social Studies.

Ben's off to reservist today. He's got his Master's program, so he's able to book out every night. But have to go back before 2359 I think. :( Met him for dinner and he bought me a pair of black court shoes and a pair of sandals! They fit perfectly! :) My current pair of shoes are threatening to take their last breath. Each time I wear them to school, I have to remind myself to put an emergency pair in the car. It's that bad. Heels' gone and the straps are all coming apart. The bow's just a piece of ribbon. It's hideous. Thank God for new shoes.

Confession: I don't really know how to shop by the way.

Besides wanting and getting shoes, I saw this lady runner yesterday and just wondered, "Hmm... Think I could do with a pair of running shorts." Just a very simple thought as I was driving. And Ben bought me two pairs of running shorts. I didn't even tell him!

Also, just last week, I was just wondering - whether my Diploma results would affect my degree results. I had this impression that they were separate - what I got in Diploma had nothing to do with the degree. Just one of those passing thoughts. Then during lunch one day, I put my things down and grabbed lunch. When I returned, I saw two PRC nationals sitting at the table on my left, with stuff put on my table. I thought it was theirs. There was a lady who sat opposite my stuff (usually when tables are taken people look for other occupied tables) talking to these two men. Then her friend who put her bag with my stuff joined her. Both sat side by side. I was just abit irritated - personal space lah - but didn't get up to move to another table. Just finish my lunch and quickly get over and done with it lah. So they started talking to each other. At first I thought they were PRCs also - talking about returning home three times a year (i thought that was quite frequent) then I realised that most prob both were Malaysians. So they were talking about stuff then suddenly...

"Are you in the PGDE program?" the lady diagonally asked me.

"Oh, I'm not. I'm in the BA. Crossed-over from Dip Ed (Gen)." I answered as I looked up from my food. Strange how I knew she was talking to me.

So the conversation continued. Through that, I learnt the 'secrets' of the crossing over system. She explained in detail to me!! Also, I revealed that I was from Murdoch and she asked me whether I 'fought' for AU exemption. I was quite stumped by her question and my reply surprised both myself and them. "But I enjoy the modules too much to ask for exemptions!" Seriously. We enjoyed the conversation, and through it, she revealed that the dip ed results is also taken into consideration together with the degree. Perhaps this is common knowledge, but confirmation is better than 'rumoured' understanding - like how we understood the crossing over to be.

God's good.

Anyway, school's running in full steam right now, and I feel like I'm just barely hanging on. Hope that I'll be steadier by the end of the week. I'm just glad that I'm meeting up with some of my cross over friends. Well, maybe because I'm almost always at the canteen, buying food or eating! I'm eating on every 2-3hr interval and i'll feel sick if i don't. Well, the weight's all coming back. Argh. Never mind lah. Just whack first. Heh. :)

No comments: