Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Exodus & Genesis

Every closure will lead to a new beginning. It's almost the end of my term break and I'm quite glad to start school again. The long-awaited timetable is finally out, and by God's grace, I HAVE THURSDAYS free! Taking seven modules this semester, so I thought I'll be fully loaded everyday. It is definitely God's grace.

My timetable's turning out somewhat the way I like it (and I like strange things). So here it goes:
Mondays 0830 to 1730 - a solid day of work with a four hour break to get my work and week in order. I must get to school before 830 or else i won't get there till about after lunch, which pretty much wastes the morning away.

Tuesdays 0830 to 1730 - another solid day with 2 1 hour breaks - great to have lunch and prepare for the tutorials.

Wednesdays 1130-1430 - have to be disciplined or the morning will be wasted. Not a good idea especially when sloth creeps in.

Thursdays - don't have to go to school for contact hours, so most likely get work done at home or get out of the house.

Fridays - 0930 to 1730 with a 2hr break in between.

The breaks are nicely allocated although I don't foresee much time enjoying the library. I really do love the library. The's the best place for me to get myself organised and study because there's little distraction. The worst would be at home - too many distractions and discomforts.

I rally hope that I'll enjoy this semester like how I've enjoyed my diploma semesters. Last term wasn't exactly fantastic because I was a new mum and totally reluctant to leave abby (as i had to relinquish motherhood- sad).

Well, somehow this term, it's going to be different because things are changing.

Looking back:
In my first diploma semester, I was getting ready for the wedding;
In my second diploma semester, I was getting even readier for the wedding (plus a horrible upheaval which God settled nicely);
In my third diploma semester, I was adjusting to married life - leaving my own family and getting adjusted to a different family and different culture altogether;
In my fourth diploma semester, I was pregnant and waddling around excited (Pregnancy is no joke!);
In my fifth semester, newly adjusted in the degree (which is a DIFFERENT ball game from diploma), I couldn't really concentrate - when I was at home, my mind was at work. When I was in school, my mind was with Abby. I was at two places at once. I didn't even prepare myself mentally for school. All I wanted to was to get out of the program and stay in my hole with Ben & Abby.

It's been a tough ride. And it's not going to get easier. Yet, I know that all through this time, God has been with me faithfully, as He gently reminds me that He is in control and I am humbled yet honoured. There have been so many times I have cried out for His deliverance, and He has been faithful each time. And He has proven to be faithful once again.

A couple of days ago, a confrontation took place within the family which could have turned horribly sour. Ties could have been severed. Yet, God in His mercy, provided the calm and peace which led to the subsequent events. Although an ultimatum was issued, yet the wise receiver did not succumb to it in spite. As a result, what could have been a battle of pride is now going to become a departure of blessing (by faith). Prior to that event, I was remind of Jacob and Laban, how he departed from his wives' father. With that, I learnt that it is important to leave with blessings of the family.

The ultimatum: We now have three months to *decide* whether to move out. If not, we would have to stay and abide by the laws of the head of the household.

After that confrontation, everyone was on talking terms the next day. How cool is that? :) Definitely God's grace! :D

1 comment:

M said...

Wow. On every count. Glad things are still working out well :) .