Sunday, July 31, 2005

Abigail's First Birthday Celebration

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Abby with her lovely surprised look which she's doing so often!

The day started with Abby's 2nd baby show. Her granny took her there while Ben & I did up the place with balloons and some birthday decor. The party was supposed to start at 4pm but there was a huge booboo. Ben told me yesterday that the caterer said they'd be here *early* because of some cook's schedule or something. So they were supposed to set up around 2pm. Eve & Vincent were the first to arrive and the food hadn't arrived yet. That was around 3plus, coming 4.

More relatives came. Still no caterer in sight. It was quite embarrassing, hungry guests with no food to humour them. Maybe they'll take Abby's presents home with them? They arrive past 4pm and quickly set up. Comments from guests were that the food wasn't fantastic and I was worried that it was barely sufficient. The standard has definitely dropped.

Well, another booboo happened. Ben's mum called him earlier during the week to ask him if he wanted her to order the cake. He said ok. But then after that, there was no further confirmation or enquiry. Usually she'd ask him what design, flavour, etc. But there wasn't any news, so on Friday, I went to order the birthday cake. I had no idea that she was ordering at all. I thought it was traditionally the parents' job, so I ordered lah. No big deal.

Well, so I thought.

When Ben's mum came home with Abby after the baby show and commented that she tried to collect the cake but was only ready at 3pm, I was quite surprised. You mean you know where I ordered the cake from? I thought. I dismissed it and thought about the cake which I ordered which was supposedly ready at 2pm.

So Ben went out for a haircut around 1. I msged him and got him to collect the cake, which he did. When he arrived home, he came upstairs, looking really tensed. That was when I realised that there were two cakes. And his mum wasn't happy about it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Daddy & Mummy's Cake

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Granny's Cake

So we decided that we'd sing birthday song first for the earlier guests and then repeat again for the later guests. So we did. (Except we didn't sing again coz granny said we'd sang already.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
From left: Claire, Ben's relatives, Ryan (behind) with Uncle Tuan, Eve, Vic, Abby the Birthday Girl, Mummy, Jiamin the little girl who wanted to be in all the photos, Ben, and some more relatives.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My side of the family
From left: Choo E.E., Claire, Ryan, Uncle Rupert, Paternal Granny, Abby the Birthday Girl, Mummy, Ben's relative, Ben, Maternal Granny and Jiamin the little girl who wanted to be in all the photos.


The best gift I think was my bro's involvement. I've never seen him so involved before. He even took leave to attend the celebration! Then he said coz it's his niece's birthday! Pity he was behind the camera during the birthday shots!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Abby with Uncle Randy

4 comments:

Lupin Tan said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Baby Abby, Wa, two cake ah, so nice

Patrick said...

WAAAAA never invite our cell over... =( just kidding... Anyway u never post the photos for abby's birthday clebration at cell...

M said...

Happy belated birthday to Abby, and you looked GREAT Audrey! :)

Audrey said...

Patrick, will post the photos at cell celebration up soon! :) Anyway, had a fun celebration @ cell! We really enjoyed the cell celebration. No kidding. ;)

Mel, thanks, but the weight's already piling up! I need to keep eating to keep the nausea away. Die lah... :P