Thursday, January 20, 2005

A tribute to the Mangroves

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We had a session at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve this morning. All these while, I had been quite reluctant to go there. See, mosquitoes like me. But I don't like them. But this morning, armed with my insect repellent, I braved these creatures and entered one of the wonders of Singapore.

It was beautiful. Perhaps not aesthetically, but I was just so marvelled by mangroves. They aren't the most beautiful thing in the world, but they are humble. Though threatened by Man, they have served to protect mankind. For those less fortunate ones who lost their existence to Man, well, Man suffers as a consequence.

As I was walking along, I just marvelled at them. Though the trip was short, it was enriching. I'm glad I went.

No comments: