Wednesday, January 19, 2005

B ack - LOGGING

I've got a four day week. It didn't start out that way. But because I couldn't manage with a GE, I dropped it and managed to shift a one-hour period to Thursday, my Friday is free. So last Thursday, after the mad rush (i.e. Mon to Thurs buzz) was over, I finally found some time to check on Abby. As in thorough check. I found rashes on her legs, behind her knees, on her face, on her neck (I'm talking red patches) and BLISTERS on her right thumb. Yes. That tiny thumb of hers had blisters. Big and small ones. Skinny ones and fat ones. Ben thought it was cute. I thought I was going to die. My poor baby had BLISTERS on her thumb. NINE OF THEM. What kind of mother was I to allow her baby to develop blisters? No one ever told me that thumb sucking would lead to so many blisters! If it was one or two, I'd already think twice letting her suck. BUT NINE? Definitely a NO-NO! But no... no one saw the blisters. Why? Because they were all hidden in her mouth. The thumb was happily being nuzzled in the mouth. So when I saw the blisters, I freaked out. On Thursday night. I even breached Ben's Night of the Testosterone and smsed him about the blisters. It was too important.

Then I continued checking. Then I saw her pearly white!!! Her lower right incisor had cut through! She had started to teethe!!! No wonder... the diarrheas, the constipation (from the medication we gave her for the diarrhea), the fussiness, the thumb sucking, the drooling... now it all makes sense. (But I read today that these stuff don't last for weeks... but they did anyway.) Wow. Seeing a tooth is real wonderful. Not the whole tooth definitely. The whole tooth won't jut out just like that. For those who don't have a recollection of how teeth appear, you're definitely someone browsing by and not in teaching eh? Or either that you're below six and haven't dropped a tooth yet.

Well. Teething is good news. And not so good news. I breastfeed, if you have forgotten.

Anyway, on Sunday night (16th Jan 05), she was happily nursing, and after a while, she started unlatching herself because she's finished like 80% of her milk and is more interested in doing other things but not really finished yet, if you know what I mean. So when she returned, she looked like she was ready to suck, but there wasn't any suction. (It's not good actually...) then she pondered for two seconds, smiled a little knowing smile, and BIT ME. Yes. It was deliberate. But it was so cute. Still, I YELLED! She had this OMIGOD WHY IS THIS WOMAN YELPING? look on her face. A really shocked look. But she didn't cry. She's a cheeky little one. Heh. That's it. That was the end of the feeding session.

I can't wait for Thursday again. :D

No comments: