Saturday, May 05, 2007

Shalom at 13m 3w

He's officially a toddler! His first long distance steps (about 15 at a go?) were taken today when I WASN'T around at his grandparents' place. Sigh. Oh well. :'(

He climbed down - feet first - from his sister's knee-high bed. I've been training him to go feet-first for quite a while - and he kept going palms down from his lower pull-out bed - and suddenly he just started going feet down. Thank God. Just now, he came down from Abby's bed feet first! Woohoo! He must get more used to it. And he helped me put back the books before bedtime! Erhm... I directed him the push the books back into the bookshelf - and tried to get him not to pull the books out again. Not easy, I say. :P

And he's talking quite a bit - he's pretty much parroting whatever people are saying, and I think he's slightly faster than Abby in terms of speech development. I remembered Abby as being comfortable with two-syllable words for quite a while, but this fella is managing more than 2 rather well. Or either that I spent more time with Abby and less with Shalom so it seems that Abby was longer. Hmm... Anyway, he's blabbering quite a bit and is rather shocking at times. For instance...

(at the beach last Sunday)
Abby the cheena girl (picking up the dislocated handle of a pail): Orh!! Didi nong huai de! (Didi damaged this!)
Shalom (almost immediately as he looked up from his sand digging): Mei you! (Don't have!)

It's really scary. And they repeated the scene, which Ben witnessed as well the second time round. Are they supposed to be having a conversation so early?

He can really say quite a number of words. I think I am just not doing enough for him.

Oh well. I am so looking forward to the church camp with Ben & the kids! Not easy, but not impossible I believe! :) I am also looking forward to 'retirement' (if God wills) when my time is up and be able to take care of the kids fulltime. That's always been my dream - to take care of my children myself. Will it ever be possible?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Athena still can't say "mei you!", LOL. :) Post more pics of the cuties leh.
- Mel

Audrey said...

Lousy mummy not taking enough photos. Not easy -two hands full with kids and daddy busy also. He does take photos. Sometimes only. :S

Lupin Tan said...

"Mei You!!!"

This is cute.