Monday, April 25, 2005

I'm amazed

Have been having my exams, and it's been a real challenge. Stuff's way harder than before, it's unbelievable. But God's made it all worthwhile. Lately, people are changing. I used to be part of a group that was extremely and highly secretive about their work (till now some of them still remain). There's no swopping or sharing of assignments or research, and everyone's basically just SO competitive, it's madness. God knows how i survived those times. "Be as innocent as doves but as shrewd as serpents." It was extremely tiring. I'd love to share, yet somehow it just wasn't right. The culture just wasn't there to be open and friendly. Yet in this semester, things are vastly different. True, those kiasu 1st class honours strivers are still there, yet I've come to know new friends. Now I truly understand when people say that it's not the grades that matter, but the relationships they've made in NIE. Well, I think during my diploma years, only one or two were true friends and stuck by me through it all.

This exam period has been different. On Thursday, a few of us got together to pray before our paper. It felt odd at first, beccause I guess it's my first time praying with people from NIE. Heh. Well, today, we got together again, and stowed away for about 2 mins to pray. It was amazing. Why? Before we got together, we were actually inviting people to join us. Some accepted, while others gently declined. The invitation was much like, "Wanna go canteen?" type, rather than in a sheepish manner. So we gathered quite a no. of people and started praying. After a quick prayer, we all felt so energised to go for the paper! God's good! I felt even ice break among some of us, who usually wouldn't even speak to each other. Strange, but in a nice way.

After that, we got our books checked. Mine couldn't pass - too many underlined sections and notes. So I left the stack in the corner and went for the paper. Halfway through, I decided to see if I could get them by asking the Chief Examiner - Ms Yee. Well, I was supposed to wait for her before the paper started but I decided to go ahead without my books. Then I regreted. Well, she checked the 5 books and 4 books cleared. Yippee! :D

Didn't manage to complete the last question, but still it was about 80% done. Well, it's all entirely in God's hands liao. :D

Now have to piah my last paper that will be held tomorrow! :D

No comments: