Monday, November 08, 2004

Amore

Wat a day. Because I had a spa appointment at Amore (got the spa package for $57!), travel arrangements had to be made to ship me out of the house. Major booboo, and my SIL got a scolding from my MIL. :( Next time, better communication, lesser assumption.

Finally, Ben sent me there. There was an erratic driver in a blue van next to us who threatened to knock down a girl, and crash into our car. Unfortunately, as I got out of the car, yet to close the passenger door, Ben reversed to avoid the van, and almost knocked me down with the open door instead. I almost died. But I didn't have any flashback of life events, so I knew my time wasn't up yet. Instead scenes of a program, "What went wrong?", flashed across my mind. It was of an elderly woman who was stopped by the police. She stopped on a descending slope and put her car in neutral instead of park. She got out of the car (releasing the foot brake in the process) and the car started rolling and dragged her down. The car ran over her shoulder. All these caught on the police tape and reeled in my head. Scary.

Went to the spa and was greeted by a stern looking supposedly savvy looking auntie with straight fringe and funky eyeglasses. She showed me to my locker, gave me my towel, robe and slippers and waited for me as I changed out from my clothes. I asked for the bin to dispose of my breastpads (yes, breastfeeding makes u leak elsewhere) and she was quite kancheong coz she thought I was menstruating, thus I would dirty the entire spa. :P And that place has only ONE bin. Irritating. After that, she asked me to take my own sweet time to take a shower, which I did. And she waited outside. Like a principal u know?

When I emerged from my shower, she showed me to the 'Steambath' which effectively is the sauna. Well, I was a li'l puzzled when i was released into the room. Was I supposed to be butt naked because it's a steambath, or like a sauna, modestly robed in a towel? I chose the latter, and took a steambath in my towel. It took a loooong time, and I was starting to wonder if they were going to get me or I was supposed to end it on my own...

They got me. Another lady, (she really resembles this actress who co-starred with Chow Yun Fatt - the actress had supernatural powers - te yi kong neng - and could pass a ring through a wall... small eyes, anyone knows who this actress is?), called for me, auntie style also, and directed me to the 'Hydrobath', which effectively is a bathtub with jets. As I descended, my mind was thinking - my SIL has this at home... :P

Spent good time with God though, and thought about a few things. :) Other than that, I waited patiently for my Aromatherapy massage. It was good... strong strokes, and no conversation. Just the way I like it :), unlike the St. Gregory's Spa experience.

After the massage, I got up and realised that my masseur was pregnant. SIX MONTHS PREGNANT. If I had notice she was pregnant, I don't think I would have enjoyed the experience at all! Instead, I would have been so worried for her climbing all over me! Gosh! I was really very impressed!

After changing, the package talk started as I drank my tea. I managed to piss the principal-looking-savvy-ah-soh-with-straight-fringe-and-funky-eyeglasses off with 'no I've no pay/no credit card/trying another company (shouldn't have said that).' She got really peeved, and I got away with $880 in my pocket, unscathed. :D

HY picked me up and I gobbled my sandwich on the way to Jazz for Beginners (or Idiots/Dummies rather) at Bugis Amore. Abit like my Jazz ballet class, but more contemporary. I enjoyed it even though my big left toe gave me problems due to my cuticle, but nevertheless I still enjoyed it tremendously. But I'll be alone, coz HY didn't really enjoy herself. :P Well, at the rate I'm going, I'm going to max out my lessons really soon! Minimum going for classes at a rate of twice per week, i think this will be the first time I'll use ALL the lessons! :D Yesh! :D

1 comment:

Mrs Eve Ooi said...

u kana alot of aunties at spa huh? :P my sis went to food expo yesterday and met a million aunties getting down same bus stop as her too. too many aunties ard. not including us yet!! ha3