Monday, October 29, 2007

On Turning 30

I had a few gatherings last month- secondary school friends, poly friends, and that big topic arose-turning 30. Quite a few of them had already reached that milestone, while later ones like myself could buy a little more time before reaching there.

I reached there yesterday (technically 2 days ago). Thanks to technology, i received more birthday greetings than ever before. :) Lest i sound ungrateful, i was very touched when i received each one, appreciating the effort that was taken to send the message. :)

One of them asked how i felt turning older. I thought I'd feel over the hill since the twenties are now officially gone, but even i was surprised by my own answer. I said that i finally feel like i've grown up, that i'm no more a little girl. I am excited about the things that lie ahead of me. There are so many things to be done, so much to see, to accomplish.

i had a rather quiet affair, considering Ben & my birthday is just a day apart. We had a small celebration at home, just the four of us plus lina. Unfortunately, S wasn't too well so we cancelled dinner at Hanabi. Ouch. Although i was really looking forward to it, i really couldn't bear to go seeing S so uncomfortable. I really didn't have the heart or the appetite after seeing him throw his dinner up.

Towards the end of yesterday, I wasn't the most pleasant person to be around with. I was just feeling so down. I haven't been well myself and was so exhausted. In fact, i went to e doctor on thursday coz i felt generally unwell but wo pain, yet when the doctor checked my throat, he said it was very inflammed and that i was also running a fever. I didn't realise i was ill. Only when i found myself slurring in class a few days ago then i realised something wasn't quite right.

i really hope to rest well and be able to wrap up the academic year well plus keep the house in good order. I'm now 30, and it's time for me to take action.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Audrey! :D

- Mel

Audrey said...

Thanks! :)