Monday, March 12, 2007

O.P.Q.R.S.

Ben passed me a woman's devotional a couple of days ago. His printer had some extra copies, so he was given one for me. When I started on it today, I was hoping to embark on something fruitful. And indeed I have.

After reading a bit, I read the bible. Later, it asked me to recall a secret dream or ambition I cherish in my life. I couldn't find any initially. Later, I decided, oh well, nothing glamorous. I just want to be a librarian.

Next question: Can you identify the deeper needs and longings beneath this desire?
I reflected and realised. Yes, I could. Order, Peace, Quietness. (The perceptions of a library.)

To sum up the experience, God surfaced the following bible verses:
Order: 1 Cor 14:33
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace

Peace: John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Philippians 4:6-7
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Quietness
Psalm 23:2-3
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

Rest
Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The last was Satisfaction and Stillness. O.P.Q.R.S. Really interesting eh? After such a refreshing morning, the burdens don't seem so heavy. Even this evening, when we didn't make it to NTUC Hougang on time, we decided to go for supper at blk 85 bedok. And there was an NTUC there which opens till 11! We were really surprised, coz we thought all supermarkets had similar operating hours. It was indeed a blessing. Although I don't have much of the hols to rest, these past two days have been rather refreshing. Thank God. :)

No comments: