Friday, January 19, 2007

Quickies

So many things have zoomed by and I haven't had time to pant. I've got CCA in exactly 8 minutes' time and I couldn't resist the urge to jot down some stuff before I disappear. I've started a site for my P4 kids, and now they know MRS TEO HAS A BLOG! But no,... this is private. Hopefully can keep as private. The teaching blog is here. I started it coz the site I wanted them to access had such a long URL I would have died halfway while telling them to type the address in. So there.

Homewise, Abby was scratched by another girl over a toy two days ago. Eversince then, she's been slightly different. More distant, gets agitated very easily, especially during sleep. The last time she was bitten, she was also like that - until she burst out crying in church out of a sudden during service. And then she was better. Delivered. Now, at nights, she's so feisty it's such a pain seeing her rest this way. Somehow she isn't even sucking her thumb! So she can't be pacified. She kept refusing her thumb, even in her sleep. It's really quite worrying.

Shalom's started crawling, and gets really excited when he sees me come home from work. Demands quite a bit of attention from me, Abby seems left out. He needs to be nursed to sleep, and Abby just quietly lies down waiting for me to join her after he sleeps, if ever. Sometimes she falls asleep before he does. :( I really miss her very much.

Have been given the responsibilities of an English level rep, and after clearing the bulk of my duties - I didn't know what most of them were, being super blur- some colleagues are friendlier now coz I have eased their lives by providing worksheets and more work. As for my own work, I need to design more engaging activities so that the kids are really interested in learning instead of just learning for whatever's sake. Today's lesson showed them that they really didn't know their stuff... without the pain and the shame of seeing red marks. Yucks. They'll most likely visit the site again when they reach home. Everyone was engaged! :D

Okie. 1.30. Gotta go. Wished I had more time to take more photos of the kids. They are growing up too quickly. :'(

No comments: