Monday, November 14, 2005

Exam Stress

Body is showing signs of stress from the exam... problem is - I tend to use a lot of short term memory for exams. No point using LTM (so my body believes). So, even though I planned my study schedule, I'm only starting two days before each paper (obviously not according to plan). I'm spending the 'excess' time with Abby (while trying to get into the momentum of studying) and as a result, we're having so much fun! :D

MIL told me she asked Abby today whether she wanted to come upstairs to be with Mummy. Abby nodded! :D We've been having tonnes of fun (which explains why studying is such a dread). Really enjoy communicating with my lil' one, especially when she nods or shakes her head, indicating what she wants or what she doesn't want. She gets terribly excited when Ben's around, and makes us kiss each other! She giggles whenever we do that, and even pushes us towards each other so that we'd kiss. So cute.

I've been observing her quite a bit regarding her walking 'status', and we've come to a conclusion that she's ultra-careful. She's willing to walk only on the bed, which she initiates on her own! She'll start at the headboard, then take about 3-4steps forward, usually tumbling towards me. I have to maintain absolute eye contact with her, otherwise she won't walk to me, and sometimes even affirms herself by clapping after she's made the journey! It gets even more celebratory when Ben's around. Pure fun! :) She'll only walk on the bed, and is rather reluctant to try the same stunt on the floor. She'll even get to the original position (at the head of the bed) to repeat the journey! She'll say, "Tend!" (meaning 'stand') and try to get up without holding on to anything. Her efforts are so visible, though she can't really fully execute lifting her butt yet, so she'll end up using the pillows or headboard for support. Then when she's steady, then she'll walk forward, afterwhich, we'll all cheer! :D

Good news: Her attempt at walking was recorded on video, but...

Bad news: the best video needs to be rotated!! Ben forgot it was a video (somehow something didn't click) and he took the clip in 'portrait'. So bear with the video - Abby starts with a self-initiated clapping routine and then attempts walking!


After this video, we realised our error; nevertheless, we're grateful for that shot! :D

Also, she 'pretended' to take the pacifier. The way she did it was really cute! :D



This post, though about exam stress, is anything but the exams. Can't wait to get over them and fully indulge in my babies! :D

No comments: