Monday, May 17, 2004

The Power of Miscommunication

“Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
and it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
and always perseveres.”

1 Corinthians 13:4 –7

Was I impatient?
Was I unkind?
Was I envious?
Was I boasting?
Was I proud?
Was I rude?
Did I only seek to benefit myself?
Was I easily angered?
Did I keep a record of wrongs?
Did I delight in evil? Or rather, take delight in destruction?
Do I rejoice when God's truth prevails?

Was I protective over my friends?
Was I trusting?
Will I continue to hope?
Will I continue to persevere?


All I've learnt is friendship cannot be based on what we read on each other's blogs. Ben is right. As much as we claimed to be introverts, still we needed to get together regularly to hear each other out.

As my attempts to salvage the friendship and clarify misunderstandings go haywire, I am sitting in front of the keyboard, speechless.

I miss my friend. The one who helped me through really tough times. I really do miss her. She has decided to leave.

I know I've hurt you, if you are still visiting here.

And I've finally understood the Chinese saying - Yue Miao Yue Hei - indirectly meaning, the more you attempt to explain yourself, the worse it becomes.

I'm sorry. I really am.

No comments: