Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Day 2 of 2008

I've got a splitting headache which started slightly before today. It's the first day of school, and yes, I also get first day jitters. It seems that it's actually IBS, which is not good news at all. Anyway, met my kids and there are quite a few outspoken ones. I get the feel that they are generally competitive and individualistic. Different challenges from last year.

Missed Abby and Shalom terribly. Abby took to school very well today - one of the older kids already! Well, one of the downsides of being a teacher is that you can't be there on your kids' first day of school. *big cry*

I've had such a wonderful time with the kids this hols, and I think all of us blossomed. I was telling Ben that I'm really appreciative of the space we had this time round - our holiday schedule allowed the caregivers some off days on alternative days, so they were with me Mon, Wed, Fri and weekends, while Tues and Thu were with their grandparents. The kids can play better together now, and when Shalom intrudes on Abby's play, she's learning to offer alternatives instead of getting into a death match. Being empowered has helped her not to be so defensive towards Shalom, and Shalom has also learnt to be slightly more gentle with Abby. :)

They're now hogging my precious iBook! Abby's hooked on Island Princess and loves the bloopers! (Bloopers from a cartoon?!?! Yup, I was puzzled initially, but really quite farni - especially Tellulah!) She also likes Thomas which is great coz Didi gets to watch and cheer her on. Great for bonding. :)

They used to like Animal Parade but have gotten quite sick of it. When Shalom gets the computer, he goes for Fisher Price Infant Games. They have the toddler and pre-schooler versions as well.

Well, back to work. I've got tons to clear and a headache to get rid off. I really hope I can clear the bulk of it by this Friday and still get out of school daily latest by 4.30pm. (I get to school around 6.40am.) I really need to get home earlier and continue bonding with the kids. It seems that prior to this holidays, there was hardly any bond with Shalom. I was just one of the many adults in his life. I'm just grateful for this holidays.

I also need to update here more. With more pictures of course! :)

No comments: