Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wine Appreciation

I did something I never dared to do last night. I stepped into a wine cellar, or shop rather. Shalom looked like he wanted a change of scenery after he put Peking duck into his hair and spitting out whatever food we put in his mouth. He had more than enough.

So I took him for a walk. As I stepped out of the restaurant, I saw the shop. One of the list of things to accomplish for 2008 is to get to know wine better. So I stepped in to enquire for courses. And I was in for a surprise. :)

The boss was very welcoming and replied that they don't usually hold courses, but I was most welcome for a glass of whatever's opened. So I joined in the party there. And in the course of doing so, I met two teachers! :) One of them initially asked what we thought her profession was, and I guessed correctly! :) It's just the vibes I guess, then the gentleman who guess that she was an engineer said that his partner (wife?) who was there is also a teacher, and fianlly it ended off with me revealing that I, too, am a teacher.

I learnt a lot last night, and most importantly, I made some new friends. I think I'm close to dying of loneliness if I don't break out of my rut soon.

No comments: