Thursday, September 27, 2007

Spending Time with the Kids

I've managed to ship the kids to their rooms after dinner for the past three evenings - with or without their gramps around - and we've been having a great time. We've developed some sort of a routine (but not in strict order) - writing, reading, puzzles, counting, drawing, music, animal play, doctor play - all within about an hour and a half. Even Shalom now understands that before we pull out another toy to play, we put the previous one back to its original position. He's quite good at putting those containers back into the drawers. The boxes look like three-quarters his size.

Both of them will sit on my lap during reading time and i'd have to squeeze my head between their heads to see the words on their books. Shalom loves to read - just like Abby. He's actually more endearing - he'd plonk himself on my lap with a book and get me to read. Actually he'd plonk himself on my lap anytime i'm cross-legged and sit there... :)

Just now we were getting a little wild, and I was puckering my lips asking for kisses. Abby smiled cheekily and continued playing. There was no response from Shalom, until I saw him raise his toy giraffe to kiss me! I kissed a giraffe! And a COW! :S I was really amused - this fella is so cheeky! :)

Filled up my deployment form today. I wanted to go PM session, but after speaking to Ben, I'm going for AM instead - mostly because of the kids and my time management. Hopefully everything works out well.

I've been taking pictures and videos of both the kids but haven't been able to upload them. They've really grown! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweeet :) .

- Mel